Did you know that silk is very durable, super strong and warm in the winter, yet cold and refreshing in the summer?
Here some more facts about silk and why we chose this fabric to make our super soft durable magic scarves ;-)
1) A silk thread is stronger than a metal thread in the same thickness
2) Silk is much lower in density compared to cotton, wool or nylon. It is, therefore, highly moisture absorbent, able to absorb as much as a third of its own weight in moisture without feeling damp
3) It is anti bacterial and anti allergic
4) silk is relatively robust and its smooth surface resists soil and odors well
5) When you sleep on a silk pillow, you will get less lines and your hair will glow and be more healthy
6) We use printed technique with non toxic paint and because of the digital print no inkt is unused and has less polution.
Also we make a product you can use for a very long time and that is durable.
We only use !00% Habutai Silk for our scarves
Habutai is a Japanese word meaning “soft as down.” Habutai is a plain weave of silk, originally hand woven of single warp yarns and filling yarns of hand-reeled silk, which made it slightly irregular. Habutai usually has a natural, ecru color, and is known to wrinkle less than other fabrics. Both Habutai and China silk are soft, lightweight and lustrous. Very closely related, both have a soft graceful drape, and a smooth surface. This silk is the "hand" or touch that many people identify as silk. Habutai is natural in color, sheer and ivory, and China silk is smoother and usually dyed. Sews relatively easily, and doesn't show pins marks. It is best for lingerie, dresses, blouses, and light jackets.
(different sources from internet)